simple woman's daybook

For Today... March 21, 2016

Outside my window... the sky is blue, the sun is warm and the trees are thinking about budding.

I am thinking... about how life changes.  Sometimes so slowly that you don't really notice and other times the change is swift and startling.

I am thankful... for a quiet Monday morning that is allowing me to blog.

I am wearing... black pants and a plum colored long sleeve shirt.

I am creating...a couple May day baskets to give to those needing a little something special.

I am going... to slowly get back into real life after a week of vacation.

I am wondering...why I see snowflakes in the forecast.  Doesn't the fact that it is spring prohibit such silliness?

I just finished reading... Defy the Night by Heather and Lydia Munn.  I am going to start the audio version of  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

I am hoping... to finish laundry today and find more gently used items around the house to donate.

I am learning... it is my job to plant seeds and water them, God's job to grow them.

In my garden... there is no growth.  Plans in my head and ideas for starting seeds soon.

In my kitchen... we will enjoy tacos for dinner and I will make a menu plan for the week.  Tomorrow is a grocery shopping day.

In the homeschool room...we took a spring break last week and we will enjoy a few special projects to celebrate Easter and the sacrifice Jesus made for us.  A friend recently mentioned that she tries to impress upon her children what a big deal it is that Jesus paid the penalty for all our wrong-doing.  That resonated with me and our projects will hopefully incorporate that and then the joy of Jesus' victory over death.

A favorite verse for today... But God demonstrates his own love for us in this; while we were still sinners Christ died for us.  (Romans 5:8)

A peek into one of my days...

Enjoying pool time!

One of my favorite things... swimming!  Both for fun and for exercise.

If you would like to read daybook entries by other simple women, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by! ~Kim

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim