simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY, November 25, 2014



Outside my window... a winter wonderland!  It snowed last night and covered the ground and trees with sparkling white snow.

I am thinking... of getting my snowshoes out of storage.  I can't remember the last time I was able to snowshoe this early in the year.

I am thankful... for the seasons.  We have true spring, summer, fall and winter.

In the kitchen... honey garlic chicken in the crock pot.

I am wearing... blue jeans, white tank top, blue pullover fleece, new socks and my earrings made out of old silverware.

I am creating... handmade gifts for Christmas. 

I am going... to avoid the mall on weekends from now on.  People and traffic are crazy!

I am wondering... how birds that are so small in size can eat so much.  I go through about four pounds of birdseed in a day!

I am reading... A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park

I am hoping... to put out some Christmas decorations today.

I am looking forward to... enjoying not one, but two Thanksgiving meals this week.

I am learning...  the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

Around the house... washing machine is whirling, coffee machine is brewing and the neighbors snow-blowers are running.

I am pondering... what the future will look like for our family.

A favorite quote verse for today... Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (Deuteronomy 6:5-7, NIV)

One of my favorite things... educational apps.  They make learning fun for me and the kids.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  enjoy Thanksgiving with family.

A peek into my day... 
Crabapples with little snow hats.
 
Link up with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog to read more daybook entries from other simple women.  Thanks for stopping and Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. I tend to avoid the malls everyday this time of year! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some very hungry birds too! This time, they'll have to wait until this pensioner gets to the first of the month! I truly miss the seasons here in Florida. They come but only evident in temp changes. I would love to look out and see a blanket of snow on the ground. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I loathe going to the mall at any time of year, but especially now! I have 3 feeders out for the birds, and they are eating me out of house and home. I haven't gone snowshoeing in ages, my grandfather taught me how to snowshoe. It is next to impossible here, it is too rocky. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim