simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY September 24, 2012

Outside my window
... children waiting for the schoolbus, the sun is filtered by a few wispy clouds and the leaves of the purple ash are starting to turn color.

I am thinking... of my youngest.  His breathing is sounding restricted this morning.  Looks like we have encountered cold and flu season.

I am thankful... for every day.  With my dad's passing and my mom's health issues I'm really understanding the value in each day.

In the kitchen... harlequin squash, zucchini, butternut squash & cucumbers.  Gotta love the harvest season.

I am wearing... charcoal gray flannel pj bottoms, a purple tank top and a gray long-sleeve shirt over the top.  My bare feet are getting a bit chilled so I may be donning socks soon.

I am creating... a few felted wool items.

I am going... to decorate for fall today if all goes according to plan.

I am wondering... if Mason could be any cuter these days.  I know I'm biased, but I can hear him right now saying, "Mommy, where are you?"  "Daddy, where are you?"  He has such a cute little voice.

I am reading... (gasp) nothing right now!  Well, I am reading all the children's books on Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia but that isn't necessarily for enjoyment.

I am hoping... to make it to the apple orchard soon and to then use some of the apples for a pie. 

I am looking forward to... doing a bit of redecorating.  I've got lots of ideas, I just need the time and money.

I am learning... to adapt to a busy schedule.  I DO NOT like having to run here, there and everywhere and with school starting, small group, flag football, co-op, swimming, running, Awana, Royal Rangers, etc., it's been a real shock to my system the last few weeks. 

Around the house... general school clutter on the dining room table which will all have a home once the new bookcase arrives, tufts of Milo hair which will stop appearing after his grooming appointment tomorrow, a dishwasher diligently cleaning the dishes and a few little handprints on the windows which will be gone after I clean them today.

I am pondering... what a simple woman's life is like?  My life is not feeling simple right now.

A favorite quote for today...


One of my favorite things... the crunching of fallen leaves under my feet on a beautiful sunny autumn day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: decorate for fall, bake an apple pie and enjoy every day.

A peek into my day...
We love firetrucks!

Mason never moved a muscle when the excavator started to move.

Ethan!
 
If you would like to read other daybook entries or join the fun with an entry of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week.

Comments