simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY May 14, 2012

Outside my window... the sunshine is bright and warm, the birds are boisterous and worms were migrating across the sidewalk on my walk despite the lack of rain.

I am thinking... that change keeps you young at heart.  Change is the only constant.

I am thankful... for all my children that made this Mother's Day something to celebrate.

In the kitchen... six loaves of amish cinnamon bread! 

I am wearing... my high school track & field sweatshirt and running walking pants.

I am creating... still going through a creative dry spell but I have a lot of possiblilities rolling around in my head.

I am going... to enjoy my new-to-me chest freezer that came home with us on Saturday!  Now to plug it in and hope it works better than our first option did.

I am wondering... if I can really become a beekeeper.

I am reading... a fascinating book called The Birth Order Book: Why You Are The Way You Are by Dr. Kevin Leman.

I am hoping... to get our desktop PC up and running again very soon.

I am looking forward to... owning a Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight.  My neighbor and husband have me convinced I'll love it.

I am learning... patience, still.

Around the house... a Sit n' spin and Nerf dart gun in the living room, crayons, coloring books and drawing paper on the dining table, a disabled PC in the kitchen and mountainous loads of laundry in the laundry room.

I am pondering... what to do for stress relief.

A favorite quote for today... Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.  ~ C.S. Lewis

One of my favorite things... hearing the rooster crow and cow's moo in the distance on my early morning walks.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish up with school, training Milo, make a run to the library, post office and meat market, take pictures and get the desktop up and running so I can post pictures!

A peek into my day...


If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in the fun with one of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.   Thanks for stopping by!  ~Kim

Comments