simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY April 30, 2012

Outside my window... the raindrops are still clinging to the leaves and branches under a quiet gray sky this morning.

I am thinking... that today is the last day of April and my niece's 5th birthday.

I am thankful... for the whispers of a loving God.

In the kitchen... leftover birthday cake from Megan's birthday celebration on Saturday and chicken chili.

I am wearing... the colors purple, white, gray, green and black. 

I am creating... this blog post.

I am going... to take a photo a day in May.

I am wondering... what it's going to be like for us when the road construction begins.  I hope we'll be able to handle the inconvenience well.

I am reading... the uncommon woman by Susie Larson.

I am hoping... that the doctor visit goes okay today.

I am looking forward to... full fledged summer weather.

I am learning... all about Ronald Reagan's administration.

Around the house... quiet sleeping children and the remnants of a birthday party.

I am pondering... wisely picking battles.

A favorite quote for today... "You see, not every battle is ours to fight.  Not every wrong is ours to right."  ~Susie Larson

One of my favorite things... making my children laugh.

A few plans for the rest of the week: doctor appointment, Milo training, picture taking, tie up some loose ends in school, menu plan, rest and enjoy my children.

A peek into my day...

Celebrating Megan's birthday.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in the fun with one of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by! ~ Kim

Comments