simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY April 2, 2012

Outside my window... the sun is shining and birds are singing and two ducks are waddling through the backyard.

I am thinking... about April Fool's day and how the usually predictable me pulled one over on my neighbor.

I am thankful... for the illness that is going through the house right now.  Makes me extra thankful for healthy children.

In the kitchen... box cereal for breakfast, pb&j for lunch and a bemused look for dinner.

I am wearing... my jammies.  I will eventually change into jeans and a long sleeved shirt.

I am creating... that same bemused look that I had for dinner is being inserted here too.

I am going... to see about taking Mr. M in to the doctor this morning.  I can hear another episode of croup invading his airways.

I am wondering... how big our little puppy is going to get.  He is almost as big as predicted and is only 5 months old.

I am reading... Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist.

I am hoping... to get together with my dear friend today or tomorrow.

I am looking forward to... knowing if our addition is going to be within budget.  Contractor is coming tonight to give us an itemized proposal.

I am learning... to be love in action.

Around the house... I can hear Mr. M talking in his room, M is watching 'Mike the Knight' on tv, Milo is watching the activity in the front yard, the boys might still be sleeping and I'm typing away.

I am pondering... how to spend our spring break.

A favorite quote for today... "Don't do once, what you don't want to do twice." ~ Grandma Lu

One of my favorite things... the after part of cleaning out the garage.

A few plans for the rest of the week: oh boy, spring break week:  we might bowl today if it fits into our schedule, make a run to the library today or tomorrow, go to Patrick's grandma's funeral, enjoy a trip up north and celebrate Easter! 

A peek through the lens...
Enjoying the northwoods at one of our favorite spots.

If you would like to read more daybook entries or join in the fun with one of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by!  ~Kim

Comments

  1. That's a wise saying from your Grandma Lu!

    I forgot all about April Fool's Day! Maybe next year, I can "fool" somebody ...

    I hope your contractor's proposal is under budget. It is always so exciting to add on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim