the simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY March 26, 2012

Outside my window... the grass is greener, the robins are building their nests and the water is frozen in the birdbath.  All under a clear blue sky and bright sunrise.

I am thinking... that no matter how much you'd like it to, time marches on.

I am thankful... for little distractions.

In the kitchen... chicken chili for lunch and honey garlic chicken for dinner.

I am wearing... a gray long sleeve top with my purple plaid pajama bottoms. 

I am creating... a list of spring cleaning chores I'd like to accomplish by May 1.

I am going... to enjoy a pizza party today to celebrate our last day of bowling league.

I am wondering... if I will always be a skeptic.

I am reading... The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I am hoping... we get some final quotes from contractor's this week.

I am looking forward to... summer vacation.  Only 9 more weeks to go!

I am learning... what it's like to live without my dad.  It's been one short week since his funeral and really seems like years at times.

Around the house... beautiful flowers with lovely fragrance that fill the house with thoughts of spring.

I am pondering... what 'love in action' looks like for me.  Where's my niche?  How can I help those in need?

A favorite quote for today... "I'm super duper hunky wunky triple looper!" ~ dad

One of my favorite things... watching the geese fly overhead in spring and fall.

A few plans for the rest of the week: bowling, Awana, Milo training, Lego league and small group.

A peek through the lens...
If you would like to read other entries or join in with a daybook of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for visiting.  Have a great week! ~Kim

Comments

  1. Dear Kim,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. How well I know what it's like to loss my dad. On April 10 1999 my dad stretched out on the sofa after cutting his grass and eating dinner with my mom and went to sleep. He never woke up as he had a massive heart attack. It's been a long time but I'm still not used to him being gone and miss him so much.
    May God bring you comfort and peace in this difficult time.
    grace and peace,
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim