A Rule Duel

The other day E asked me how to spell 'quiet'.  Then L asked me how to spell 'keep'.  Aside from the fact that he knows how to spell keep, I was beginning to wonder what was up.  Why were the two boys taking time out of their busy play outside to sit quietly and write?  If you are a mom of 10 and 8 year old boys, you know that is pretty unusual for them to spontaneously write without being asked.  It began to make sense when M asked me how to spell 'brothers'.  This is what I found when I went down the hall to their bedrooms.
The boys door with many signs.

Love the face!

M's door across the hall.

For those who have a hard time reading 4 year old writing, the sign says "Knock first brothers".

Ah, sibling quarrels.  At least these were of the silent variety this time.  I'm not sure who first had the idea.  I believe it was actually M and the boys decided to counter her "attack" with a few more signs.  One of the boys signs reads, "No bargeing in".  That is my particular favorite since that is something she is quite fond of doing.

It is to one’s honor to avoid strife,
but every fool is quick to quarrel.
Proverbs 20:3 (NIV)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim