Simple Woman's Daybook

For today March 1, 2011

Outside my window...A cold, crisp morning with the promise of sunshine today.

I am thinking... of a little girl with aggressive brain cancer.

I am thankful for... my family, my shelter, clothes on my back and food on the table.

I am wearing... comfortable cleaning clothes.

In the learning rooms... reading challenges, multiplication memorization, cursive and South America.

I am remembering... when I used to walk to the bus stop for school in sub-zero weather.  Love how the snow crunches under your feet.

I am going... to show God's love today by cleaning a neighbors house who just had knee surgery.

I am currently reading... Nickel and Dimed: on (not) getting by in America. 

I am hoping... little MF continues his current evening routine.

On my mind... current events happening around the world and all the unrest that accompanies them.

Noticing that... my birdbath has a crack in it.  Looks like I'll be shopping for a new one soon.

From the kitchen... making "Leafy" snacks for my daughters AWANA class tonight.  Lettuce and cubed peaches.  Going to try to be somewhat creative in presentation. 

Around the house... evidence that we are an active family of six with lists and notes and other paper items that need attention.

One of my favorite things... a hot shower.

From my camera... 



If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments