Simple Woman's Daybook

For today August 3, 2010

Outside my window.... blue hazy skies and a few trees in need of pruning.

I am thankful for..... the freedoms I have because I live in the United States of America.

I am wearing..... black shorts and a red t-shirt.

I am hearing..... the air conditioner working to keep the house cool on this very warm humid morning.

I am going..... to pick up a book at the library about knitting.

I am reading..... From Every End of This Earth by Steven V. Roberts and just finished For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn.  I would highly recommend For Women Only to anyone who has a husband or significant male in their lives.  It brought up some areas that I need to address in my relationship with my man.

I am thinking..... of how blessed I am to have three (plus one on the way) beautiful children and a loving husband.  I was once asked in college what I wanted to be when I grew up and my response was "a wife and a mother".  I am sometimes overcome by emotion when I realize that I am living that goal.

I am hoping..... to weed through the two hundred and ninety four pictures we took over the extended weekend.

I am creating..... a list of curriculum that needs to be purchased before we begin a new school year.

On my mind...... what it means to be redeemed.

Noticing that..... my husband will measure the thickness of a cut of meat before grilling it.

Praying for..... our country and our country's leaders.

From the kitchen..... swiss cheese chicken for dinner. 

Around the house..... three children who have risen from slumber, odds and ends that we didn't get to yesterday and a towering stack of library books that need to be returned.

One of my favorite things.... sharing a raspberry tropsicle with my husband on a warm summer night.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... visit the library, research composting and beekeeping for a unit study, put together a cd of pictures for the family and plan for a fun weekend.  We will hopefully be able to see a hot air balloon launch and glow over the weekend if weather permits.  I am keeping my fingers crossed!

A picture thought.....
our family in chalk.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments