Simple Woman's Daybook

For today May 11, 2010

Outside my window.... a drippy rainy day that is bringing the worms to the surface.

I am thinking..... of my dear mother-in-law who is another year older today.  Happy Birthday Betty!!

I am thankful for..... the songs of birds that add some cheer to a gray day.

I am wearing..... comfy athletic pants and a cozy sweatshirt.

I am hearing..... a red-winged blackbird singing and the pitter patter of rain on the windows.

I am going..... to relax, curl up in a comfy chair and make the most of my quiet time.

I am reading..... Get Out Of That Pit by Beth Moore and really getting a lot from it.

I am hoping..... to be able to add a few trees to the yard this year.  We saw an Eastern Redbud this weekend and thought it was quite beautiful in it's spring attire.  We'd also like to create some privacy by way of a few additional pine trees.

I am creating..... a nice long grocery list.  We had french toast, hash browns and eggs for dinner last night because that was all the refrigerator or pantry would allow.  I am apparently not very good at keeping up with the amount of food this family is eating these days.

On my mind...... I can't wait for strawberry season.  Looking forward to picking and eating fresh strawberries.

From the learning rooms..... handwriting practice, spelling and a wee bit of mathematics.  We are very near the end of our school year.  However, don't tell the boys, I'd like to continue on and start our 2010-2011 school year so that we won't fall behind when baby comes in September.

Noticing that..... the children are still sleeping.  Must be the rainy day that is keeping them in bed.

Praying for..... my heart to be softened and that I would show God's love in a particular relationship in which I'd rather just close the door and walk away.

From the kitchen..... that is a mystery.  We'll see what I can find at the grocery store.  Maybe parmesan crusted chicken breasts with sugar snap peas and dinner rolls.

Around the house..... a few dust bunnies are hopping to and fro.  I'll probably try to catch them today.  There is also a beautiful flower arrangement on the table which is reminding me of mother's day and what a lovely family I have.

One of my favorite things.... hot, sticky cinnamon rolls with a cup of coffee and good company.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... hmmm, looking at the calendar there is not a single thing penciled in until Friday.  Whatever are we going to do with all that free time?

A picture thought I'm sharing..... 
Here is a mother with three out of six of her babies that we saw on a walk around the pond on Mother's Day.

Three of our 'babies' resting a moment after a long walk around the pond.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments