My Legs Feel Better On Top Of The Covers

My three year old daughter is in the testing (for lack of a better word) stage.  Or is it just the "let's see how many hoops mom will jump through stage"?  For instance, today when I put her down for a nap she wanted me to tuck her in.  When I walked to the bed and went to tuck her in she said, "But my legs feel better on top of the covers."  So, I said good night and before I could make it to the door (and yes, I was kinda sprinting toward it) she said, "I want you to tuck me in." :: grrr ::
I lose patience very quickly with these little games!  As I was trying to keep calm, the thought occurred to me that I'm like that at times.
I pray that God will strengthen my faith and that I will grow closer to Him everyday.  But, when I encounter a trial that will stretch me and strengthen my faith, I tell God that I was comfortable doing what I was doing.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. ~James 1:2-3

Comments