Simple Woman's Daybook

For today April 20, 2010

Outside my window.... fresh mulch in some of the planting beds, red-winged blackbirds at the feeder and the sun lighting up the neighborhood.

I am thinking..... of how challenging it is to love your enemy.

I am thankful for..... a husband who helps out around the house.

I am wearing..... a red shirt and black pants.

I am hearing..... some construction vehicles intermixed with chirping birds.

I am going..... to read through a few old magazines and then finally recycle them.

I am reading..... Get Out Of That Pit by Beth Moore and The Help by Kathryn Stockett

I am hoping..... I'll have the energy to get a lot of chores done today.  I've been very tired lately.

I am creating..... wall art.

On my mind...... I can't even begin to sort through all the jumbled thoughts racing through my head today.

From the learning rooms..... a special unit to celebrate Earth day and a few projects to go with it.

Noticing that..... home improvement projects tend to roll one right into another, kind of like a snowball.

Pondering these words.... "America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~ Abraham Lincoln

From the kitchen..... Lasagne for dinner, chocolate chip cookies for dessert and homemade bread just because.

Around the house..... stacks of magazines to sort through and recycle, laundry to be put away, plants to be watered, carpets to be cleaned, beds to be made and the list goes on.  :D

One of my favorite things.... seeing how excited my children get when I tell them grandma and grandpa are coming to visit.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... a few errands to run to the bank and library, picnic at the park, get the wall art framed and matted, attend a train show and head to the botanical gardens.

A picture thought I'm sharing.....

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook

Comments