Blogger's Block

I'm going through a blogging block. I can't seem to think of anything to blog about. I was trying to come up with a reason why and then the lightbulb went on. I shut down.
The year 2009 has not been a particularly good year for me. My husband lost his job in January. He is employed again, but the company he is employed with is horrible. He has no phone, is not able to email any personal emails and he was taken into the office behind closed doors yesterday and reprimanded for talking to his co-worker over his lunch break! (seriously!) Then, my father suffered a massive heart attack in February which left his heart weak and left my father without any energy. It is difficult to see him only able to participate in half the activities that used to fill his time before the attack. My mom broke her arm. My sister broke her leg. My brother was laid off. And now, my blood test results have come back abnormal and I'm unsure what is going to happen with that.
When bad things happen to me, when I get stressed out or upset, I shut down. I want to close myself off from family and friends, curl up in bed and wish everything away. Hence the blogger's block. I'm shutting down, curling up in bed and wishing everything would be better.
Time for change! I am going to seek wise counsel from family and friends and allow them to hold me up when I can't stand on my own. Good bye blogger's block, hello waterfall of words!

Comments