Thankful Thursday

Once upon a time before Ann Voskamp wrote and published One Thousand Gifts, she hosted a blog meme (?) of the same name, I believe.  The idea was that you were to write down three things that you were thankful for each day and simple math would say you would have about one thousand things you were thankful for at the end of the year.

I participated in that challenge and it was life changing!  That is no exaggeration.  My entire perspective shifted.  You see, being thankful for three things each day is quite simple at first.  I'm sure you can rattle off a dozen right now.  However, once you get through those top 12, it gets hard!  That is when I found myself going through the day looking for things I could be grateful for so that I could complete the challenge.  And that my friends, is when change begins.

I find that I need an attitude adjustment again.  Things around here haven't been so peachy and I haven't responded well.  I have let my dissatisfaction color the way I look at certain situations and before I know it, I'm down the road of self-pity and discontent.  Grumbling and complaining about this or that.  Basically robbing the joy from the everyday mundane.  And there is joy there.  I want it back.

So, I'm going to be jotting down three things I'm thankful for in my gratitude journal everyday and I will also share a few of them on the blog so you can hold me accountable. What better day to start than Thursday.  Thankful Thursday to be exact; because I like alliteration.

Today I'm thankful for:

1. Milo.  He is my canine companion who is always ready to go for walks with me or give me a cuddle when I need it.

2. Sunrises that color the sky.  Today's sunrise was glowing red and orange before the storm came through.

3.  A child who sees this in a pair of earrings and a few hair ties left on the nightstand.


What are you thankful for today?


Comments