Another Happy Accident

Pinterest is an incredible resource for all things creative.  I have spent many an hour browsing the site and pinning everything from hard lotion bars to how to make 'hair' out of yarn.  Hey, you never know when you might need that gem of information!

Today the kids and I decided we needed to be creative so I turned to my numerous crafty ideas I have pinned for just such an occasion.  Here is what we wanted to do.


We gathered cups and Sharpies....

and began to color the plastic cups.  With cups fully decorated, I followed the directions as posted by Aggieland Mommy.  Foil sprayed with cooking spray.  In a 350 degree oven for 3-4 minutes.  When time was up, ours looked like this ….


The instructions told us to immediately pat them down to fully flatten.  Hmmm, the one in the forefront above is the result of that.  Ummm, okay?  We can perhaps blame this on the fact that I didn't use a Solo cup?  Another Pinterest fail.  We are no strangers to Pinterest crafts gone wrong.  This was our first.  Maybe we'll just stick to coloring.

Expectations aside, they are pretty.  Mason spirited his away to his bedroom already.  All in all the kids are pleased with our happy accidents and we had a good laugh.  Maybe when we're done coloring, we'll do this with our crayons. 

Comments