A Change of Perspective


This was the kitchen faucet on Sunday and most of the day on Monday.  Yeah, doesn't look so good, does it.  What started out as a simple repair, turned into an unrepairable wait.

I was walking the few feet to the laundry room sink for water to wash dishes and complaining (in thought) the whole time.  "I have to walk all the way to the laundry room for water."  "This is sooo inconvenient."  "Wonder how long I'll be doing this?!"  "This bucket of water is heavy!"

It was the last thought, that the bucket of water was heavy, that I thought of my sweet Compassion child who lives in Burkina Faso, Africa.  One of her FAVORITE things to do is get water!  My thoughts then turned to how privileged I was to be able to walk all the way to the laundry room for water.  How, when I made it to the laundry room in under 30 seconds, I could turn a handle and fresh, clean, cold water would pour out.

I appreciate the change of perspective.  When I showered, I was thankful for the hot water at the turn of a handle.  While washing clothes, in my washing machine, I was thankful for the water, the machine and the kids that dirtied the clothes in the first place.

Do everything without ·complaining [grumbling] or arguing. (Expanded bible, EXB)


Comments