simple woman's daybook

For Today May 25, 2016

Looking out my window... I see green grass, a hazy blue sky, pink petals on the ground and summer flowers in terra cotta pots.  The leaves on the trees are shimmering in a light breeze.

I am thinking... Hi, my name is Kim and it's been 22 days since my last blog post.

I am thankful... for spontaneous trips to the candy store.

One of my favorite things... the gurgle and splash of a water fountain.

I am wearing... black shorts, a gray t-shirt and my hair is pulled back in a tiny pony tail.

I am creating... a budget, slowly and surely.  Yay!

I am listening... to the kids talk about their summer vacation while watching a recording of Mythbusters.

I am hoping... to finish all my errands today.

I am reading... Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.

I am learning... to wake up, put on my armor, pray and repeat.  A little something I copied from Christine Caine

In my kitchen... the remnants of lunch.  A pan on the stove and dishes waiting for the dishwasher to finish it's current load.

In the school room... there are no kids.  School is on summer vacation!  Woot, woot.

In my garden... a few weeds to be pulled, a rooster weathervane and an older wooden ladder waiting for the cucumbers to climb it.

Shared Quote... "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~Ronald Reagan

A moment from my day...
We walked by this little alley the other day and Mason was so excited about seeing an alley that he wanted his picture taken in it.  Life in suburbia makes a walk downtown very exciting.

Thanks for stopping by!  If you enjoyed my daybook and would like to read what other simple women have to say, or write one of your own daybook entries, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.

Comments