simple woman's daybook

For Today... April 18, 2016

Outside my window... leaves!  I see teeny tiny little leaves just unfurling on the pear trees.  Won't be long and my world will be much more green than brown this spring.

I am thinking... about the fact that I just registered Logan in a drivers education class!!  Seems like just yesterday I was teaching him to ride a bike.

I am thankful... for hot showers and washing machines.

I am wearing... shorts!  How long has it been since I typed that??  Black shorts and a gray t-shirt I purchased to help support a friend who is adopting.

I am creating jotting down... a list of fun summer projects.

I am going... to watch some baseball tonight.  Hello spring/summer sports.

I am wondering... How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I am reading...  Answering Jihad: A Better Way Forward by Nabeel Qureshi.

I am hoping... the laundry will do itself.

I am learning... patience!  Seems like whenever I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, I always end up behind the slowest drivers.  That wouldn't have anything to do with me being late, right? :)

In my garden... strawberry plants and weeds.  Where o where do all those weeds come from and how do I get rid of them organically without bending over and pulling them myself?  Do goats eat weeds?  Wonder if my sweet hubby would enjoy a goat?  ;)

In my kitchen... tacos for dinner and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. And this,

 
In the homeschool room... the beautiful weather caused us to have a  "spring day" today.  Since we school at home, our school doesn't get cancelled for a winter snow day like the public schools do.  It's business as usual.  However, we do enjoy the occasional "spring day" to get outside and play and today was one of those.

A favorite quote for today... "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." ~George S. Patton

A peek into one of my days... 
I snuck this photo.  He was sleeping on his "boat". 
Today, it was his car.  Who knew the storage chest would be so versatile?
 

One of my favorite things... snail mail in the form of cards or letters from friends.  They always put a dance in my day.
 
If you would like to read daybook entries by other simple women, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by! ~Kim

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim