simple woman's daybook

For Today... May 26, 2015
 
Outside my window... the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I can almost hear the grass growing!
 
I am thinking... of this blog, this past holiday weekend and my schedule for the next few weeks.
 
I am thankful... for the freedom to write this blog, for those who wrote the constitution and those who serve our country to keep the freedom's we have.
 
I am wearing... gray capri pants with a black "Third Day" t-shirt, earrings I purchased in Africa and my Fitbit that is telling me I only have 2,579 steps so far today.
 
I am creating sewing... curtains for my living room.
 
I am going... to do a lot of laundry today.  Spill over from our weekend camping.  Then, I'm going to pack for a vacation.
 
I am wondering... what kind of bird was just in my backyard.  It somewhat resembled a catbird, but looked as if it had a black mask over it's eyes.... I think.  I have the binoculars ready in case I get another opportunity.
 
I am reading... Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon.  Book two in her Outlander series.
 
I am hoping... to get the house cleaned today.  However, I'm procrastinating this project in favor of blogging!
 
I am learning... to sew curtains.  :)  Trial by fire my friends.
 
In my garden... my poor garden.  It is growing a lot of weeds right now.  I just haven't had the time to tend to it.  I do see a few flowers on the strawberry plants.
 
In my kitchen... Yummy Chicken Curry Salad and the recipe for Sun Dried Tomato & Basil burgers.
 
In the homeschool room... the end is in sight.  We are wrapping up most subjects.  We will be doing some summer school math though.
 
A favorite quote for today... "Any day spent with you is my favorite day.  So, today is my new favorite day." ~Winnie the Pooh
 
A peek into one of my days...
I get to go on a date with this guy today.
 
One of my favorite things... spending a morning outside.  Whether I'm watching the sun rise or digging weeds, I enjoy a morning in nature.
 
Link up with Peggy at The Simple Woman to read other daybook entries or write one of your own.  Thanks for stopping by.

Comments