simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY December 30, 2014

Outside my window... glorious sunshine and a temperature of 2 degrees Fahrenheit.  Brrrr.

I am thinking... this morning did not start out great.  Mason woke me up with a little diarrhea accident to clean up, then when I was getting him all clean there was no hot water.  Finally, I went to make a pot of coffee and spilled the grounds all over in my haste to feed my addiction.

I am thankful... for on demand hot water, my husband and my children.  Not necessarily in that order. :)

In the kitchen... oh if I were brave enough to take a picture of the kitchen right now.  There are presents on the counter waiting to be wrapped, gifts we received waiting for a new home, a stack of mail waiting for me to go through and one of the kids hairbrush.

I am wearing... a cozy plaid flannel shirt and yoga pants with bare feet.  I need some slippers.

I am creating... a new business?  Through a conversation with my sister and some late night brainstorming, a plan is forming. 

I am going... to take down the Christmas tree soon.  Dragging my feet because I love the lights and don't want to say goodbye just yet.

I am wondering... why pajamas can't be worn all day?  Or can they?

I am reading... Tidings of Comfort and Joy by Davis Bunn

I am hoping... my day will end better than it started.
 
I am looking forward to... having a few more days off with my hubby.  It's always good to have him home.

I am learning... everyday!

Around the house... laundry, suitcases, presents, kids, me and the dog.

I am pondering... the new year.  What will it bring and how will I change?

A favorite quote for today... "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens
 
One of my favorite things... watching the snow fall while warm and cozy by the fire.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  enjoy our Christmas break and celebrate the new year.

A peek into my day...
Winter wonderland!
 
Link up with Peggy at The Simple Woman Blog to read entries from other simple women.  Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

schooling at home

I Choose Joy

This is How We Kill Flies