simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY December 30, 2014

Outside my window... glorious sunshine and a temperature of 2 degrees Fahrenheit.  Brrrr.

I am thinking... this morning did not start out great.  Mason woke me up with a little diarrhea accident to clean up, then when I was getting him all clean there was no hot water.  Finally, I went to make a pot of coffee and spilled the grounds all over in my haste to feed my addiction.

I am thankful... for on demand hot water, my husband and my children.  Not necessarily in that order. :)

In the kitchen... oh if I were brave enough to take a picture of the kitchen right now.  There are presents on the counter waiting to be wrapped, gifts we received waiting for a new home, a stack of mail waiting for me to go through and one of the kids hairbrush.

I am wearing... a cozy plaid flannel shirt and yoga pants with bare feet.  I need some slippers.

I am creating... a new business?  Through a conversation with my sister and some late night brainstorming, a plan is forming. 

I am going... to take down the Christmas tree soon.  Dragging my feet because I love the lights and don't want to say goodbye just yet.

I am wondering... why pajamas can't be worn all day?  Or can they?

I am reading... Tidings of Comfort and Joy by Davis Bunn

I am hoping... my day will end better than it started.
 
I am looking forward to... having a few more days off with my hubby.  It's always good to have him home.

I am learning... everyday!

Around the house... laundry, suitcases, presents, kids, me and the dog.

I am pondering... the new year.  What will it bring and how will I change?

A favorite quote for today... "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens
 
One of my favorite things... watching the snow fall while warm and cozy by the fire.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  enjoy our Christmas break and celebrate the new year.

A peek into my day...
Winter wonderland!
 
Link up with Peggy at The Simple Woman Blog to read entries from other simple women.  Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

 
 

Comments