Just Some Thoughts Before I Go

It is a chilly, rainy morning.  The house is quiet and coffee is brewing.  I have butterflies in my stomach and my heart aches.  I'm tying up loose ends and finishing up packing.  I feel ill equipped for this trip to Africa and my heart hurts to leave my family.  It seems like so long ago that I signed up for the trip, but then again it feels like yesterday.  Hard to believe I'm actually going to board a plane bound for a land unknown to me.  Different sights, sounds and smells.  I will be way out of my comfort zone.

One of my pastors once said, "If you want to be a loving person, you have to make love a verb."  That just about sums up a personal goal.  Make love a verb.  This trip is just one way to do that.  I know I'm not going to change the world in a few short weeks.  But if I can show God's love and compassion to even one, I humbly accept the opportunity.

I am full of hope, excitement and uncertainty.  Seems like a good recipe for an adventure.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jeremiah 29:11

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. ~ Proverbs 16:9

I am resting on those two verses this morning.  Such a comfort to know that God's paved the way to and through Africa.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences.  I appreciate your prayers for me.  Hopefully my next post will be from a different location in a different land with a different view out the window.

Comments