simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY August 4, 2014

Outside my window... Hazy sun with scattered thunderstorm's forecast.

I am thinking... Of my Aunt Lissa.  It's her birthday month.  Happy Birthday month Aunt Lissa!

I am thankful... for fresh produce from our garden.  The tomato plants are so heavy with fruit that the tomato cages cannot hold the plants up anymore and two of the three fell over!  That's a good problem I think.

In the kitchen... tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, zucchini and Muddy Buddies.

I am wearing... my walk/running clothes as I finally motivated myself to get moving this morning.

I am creating... lists of things to do. Packing lists, grocery lists, household chores lists; the lists go on and on. 

I am going... to be productive and efficient this week... I hope.
 
I am wondering... how a friend's sister is doing.  She is heavy on my heart.  She was in a car accident at the end of July and broke a lot of bones in her arms and legs.  I am praying for an upbeat attitude for the sister and that her healing would progress with no setbacks.

I am reading... Wonder by R.J. Palacio with the kids and When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert.

I am hoping... to walk or run everyday this week.  Crossing my fingers!

I am looking forward to... vacation! 

I am learning... French.  I have talked to quite a few people that have gone on trips to Burkina Faso before me and they all wish they knew more of the language.  So, since I have the resources and four years of high school French, I do not want to kick myself when I'm there because I didn't learn more.

Around the house... well, if I'm being completely honest, there are a lot of things around the house that are not in their proper places.  We enjoyed a fire last night instead of picking up and I woke up to a messy house this morning.  Picking up is on one of those lists I mentioned.
 

I am pondering... how to fix my fallen tomato problem?

A favorite quote for today...
 
One of my favorite things... a clean house! :)
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: visit with friends, a few doctor appointments, softball, get the boys packed for their canoeing/kayaking trip and then enjoy some rest & relaxation.

A peek into my day...
 
The garden.
 
Link up to read other daybook entries with Peggy at The Simple Woman's daybook.  Thanks for stopping by! ~Kim

Comments

  1. Your garden looks amazing, Kim! YAY!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim