simple woman's daybook

For Today June 3, 2014
 
 
Outside my window... birds are having a hard time landing on the feeders.  It's sunny and windy!

I am thinking... it's wonderful to begin summer vacation!

I am thankful... for encouraging friends.

In the kitchen... it's Taco Tuesday!

I am wearing... nothing real exciting.  A red Coca~Cola t-shirt and casual shorts. 

I am creating... a list of possible snacks for the women at the Dorcas House.  (When we host the retreat, my assignment is snacks.)

I am going... wherever I want, whenever I want to. :)   It's our first week of summer break and I deliberately didn't plan anything so we could be spontaneous.

I am wondering... If I purchased the wrong kind of cucumber.  While planting them I noticed they are bush cucumbers.  Not sure what their growing habit is.  Do they cling like a vine?  Hmmm?  I'll have to investigate as I have an old ladder I like them to climb.

I am finished reading... Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers and will start Her Daughter's Dream today.

I am hoping... to get some weeding done today.

I am looking forward to... beach days and the smell of sunscreen, bonfire nights and cool drinks after a hot summer day.

I am learning... all about patience and not having any expectations in relationships.

Around the house... a vase of beautiful Iris, a small pile of important papers to be dealt with and a growing 'to do' list.

I am pondering... my children and their extra curricular activities.

A favorite quote for today... "When peoples care for you and cry for you, they can straighten out your soul." ~ Langston Hughes

One of my favorite things... a quiet morning with a book and cup of coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Go for a walk and bike ride with the kids, softball game and park visits.  We might even look for a letterbox.

A peek into my day...
 
Please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other how others are living in the here and now.

Comments

  1. Wonderful post! Hope you are enjoying your week of no plans!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim