simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY February 25,2014

Outside my window... it's dark and cold and the wind is fierce.

I am thinking... of future blog posts I'd like to write.

I am thankful... for time away from my everyday life.

In the kitchen... whew!  What's not in the kitchen right now? The kitchen counters are littered with books, magazines, 2 cameras, the binoculars are still out from when I watched the bald eagle, bottles of water waiting to be put away, a toy football, my sunglasses and cell phone!

I am wearing... a red sweater, blue jeans and warm socks.

I am creating... contrary to what's in the kitchen right now, I'm still creating more organized spaces.  My pantry items are finally here, I've re-organized the spices and I've spent some time in the basement too.

I am going... on a hunt for the perfect coffee table.  Ours is still functional, but we've had it since we were married (almost 18 years ago) and I'd like a new one someday.

I am wondering... how the young man offering lawn care service is keeping warm on this night?  It is 6 degrees Fahrenheit right now and feels like -9 with wind chill.  BRRRR! 

I am reading... Grace by Max Lucado.

I am hoping... to be an encouragement to those around me.

I am looking forward to... a vacation in sun and sand.

I am learning... how to use Lightroom (photo editing software).

Around the house... more of the same chaos as the kitchen portrayed.  There is a stuffed animal party in the living room-attendance in the 30's, Mason's toy basket spontaneously exploded in the family room leaving toys scattered here, there and everywhere.  Don't even look at all the papers and schoolwork still residing on the dining room table.  My oh my, we know how to make messes in this house!

I am pondering... My character traits that are less than heavenly.  God is so gentle in bringing them to the forefront at just the right time for me to see them and desire to change them.

A favorite quote for today... "Grace is God as heart surgeon, cracking open your chest, removing your heart-poisoned as it is with pride and pain-and replacing it with his own." ~ Max Lucado, Grace

One of my favorite things... a good book.

A few plans for the rest of the week: a few kids activities, co-op and small group meeting.

A peek into my day...
Mountains in Wyoming.
 
Thanks for stopping by and peeking at my daybook.  If you would like to read other entries or join with an entry of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Enjoy your week.

Comments