School's out for Summer!

Ah!  I'm sitting here on a Wednesday morning with the dishwasher running in the next room, a load of laundry started in the washing machine and a cup of coffee in my hand, relaxed.  There is nothing on the calendar and no big 'to do' list waiting for me today.  I have no lesson plan to check, no activities to rush off to and my inbox only had 7 new messages to read today.  School is officially over for the summer and this week we are all enjoying some free time.

As I reflect on the schoolyear and how it went, I'm not focused on the academic portion.  I'm focusing on the character of my children and how they grew.  We had a few wild rides and a few rocky paths to traverse.  Their academic knowledge did not get them through those troubles.  Their strength and faith in the Lord did.

 “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:17–18)

Comments