simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY January 9, 2013

Outside my window...
beautiful blue sky and bright sunshine.

I am thinking... it feels good to be recording my thoughts today.

I am thankful... for the internet and podcasts.  Just listened to an inspiring message.

In the kitchen... an oven begging to be cleaned and a refrigerator with empty shelves.

I am wearing... striped pajama pants and a long-sleeved gray t-shirt.

I am creating... a little gift for a baby girl who has not yet arrived into this world.

I am going... to get over this cold someday!

I am wondering... if I can keep Mason out of trouble today.  He is a mischievous little one.

I am reading... all the notecards I made last year.  Starting a new batch for the new year.

I am hoping... my money tree will produce this year.  That little plant just doesn't seem to be growing. 

I am looking forward to... new challenges, new thoughts and ideas, new projects and new energy in the new year.

I am learning... Not to panic when a test result comes back abnormal.

Around the house... Dora the Explorer is entertaining Mason so that I can finish some lesson plans, but I'm using the time to finish this blog post!

I am pondering... the children's strengths and how to steer them into their areas of expertise in the upcoming years.

A quote for today... "Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain." ~ Richard M. Nixon

One of my favorite things... owls.  Ever since I was a young girl I've had an affinity for owls.  I'm trying to fit them into my home decor slowly but surely.  Current home decor owl count: 1

A few plans for the rest of the week: I plan on getting back into a routine after our Christmas vacation.  Trying to keep extra activities to a minimum so we can focus.  Hard to do after so much time off.

A peek into my day...
 
If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in the fun with one of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by.

Comments