simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY August 14,2012

Outside my window... birds are singing and rejoicing over this beautiful summer morning with not a cloud in the sky.

I am thinking... about my oldest friend because it is her 40th birthday today.  Happy Birthday Jess!

I am thankful... for bananas!  Without them I wouldn't be able to make delicious smoothies or scrumptious banana bread.

In the kitchen... freshly baked bread just out of the bread machine. Yummo!

I am wearing... green shorts and a black tank top.

I am creating... a few thank you cards.

I am going... outside to read one of the many books I've downloaded to my e-reader just after I write this post.

I am wondering... if I could ever do a Big Year?  It would be tons of fun.

I am reading... Academic Conversations by Jeff Zwiers and Marie Crawford.

I am hoping... our bank will allow us to refinance our home mortgage loan.

I am looking forward to... purchasing a new pair of running shoes.

I am learning...

Around the house...
not a creature is stirring, not even the dog.

I am pondering... where life will take me in the years to come.

A favorite quote for today... " Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss

One of my favorite things... sitting outside on a beautiful summer morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week: playdates, book study, run, grocery shopping, and a baptism.

A peek into my day...
You can see a hot air balloon floating over our house on many a calm evening.
If you would like to read more daybook entries or join with one of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to learn all about it.  Thanks for stopping by! ~ Kim

Comments

  1. I'm thankful for bananas too, because I use them in smoothies every day. I can't get enough!

    I like the quote by Dr. Seuss. Very insightful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim