simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY May 29, 2012

Outside my window... blue sky, lush green leaves on the trees, construction barrels, a new concrete street and dirt blowing in the breeze.

I am thinking... that it takes less faith to believe God exists than to believe he doesn't.

I am thankful... for aloe vera as I acquired an unexpected sunburn yesterday.  Guess being outside in the sun without sunscreen can cause burned skin. :(  (Why wasn't I more responsible?!)

In the kitchen... cut lilacs in a vase making the kitchen smell like spring.

I am wearing... gray t-shirt and gray shorts, no jewelry and bare feet.

I am creating... oh this prompt is always tripping me up these days.  I have been creating a mental list of summer craft projects and a literal list of books to read this summer.

I am going... to bring the older boys in for a haircut today.  Poor Logan can't see through all the hair in his eyes.

I am wondering... what sort of fun items to send to an eleven year old boy in Burkina Faso?

I am reading... The Birth Order Book by Dr. Kevin Leman.  Very fascinating!

I am hoping... to learn a lot about vegetable gardening and to have a bountiful harvest from our garden this first year.

I am looking forward to... getting together with friends this week.

I am learning... to strive for excellence, not perfection.

Around the house... sleeping dog and sleeping children.

I am pondering... how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A favorite quote for today... "What is a weed?  A plant whose virtues have never been discovered. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of my favorite things... a family working together.

A few plans for the rest of the week: boys haircuts, new glasses for Megan, plant our vegetable garden, take a photo a day for the photo challenge and gather with friends.

A peek into my day...
This is what happens to the kids food when dad comes home for lunch.  :)


If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in the fun with an entry of your own, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by! ~Kim

Comments

  1. I have a lot of plants whose virtues have not been discovered in my garden! LOL! Maybe someday someone will discover their virtues and share. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "I Am Creating" prompt always trips me up. I didn't get the creative gene from my mom like my sisters did.

    Here's my Simple Woman's Daybook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim