simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY February 27, 2012

Outside my window... shades of brown and gray.  The grass is brown, the sky is gray, the wind is blowing and there is not one bird in sight on this cold 28 degree morning.

I am thinking... about my dad. 

I am thankful... for documentary films that provoke me to action.

In the kitchen... mini masterpieces drying on the countertops.  The kids painted yesterday.

I am wearing... shades of purple.  Purple tank top, purple fleece pullover and purple plaid pajama pants. 

I am creating... lesson plans for the next few weeks.

I am going... over the pros and cons of a big decision I must make.

I am wondering... if my husband was chilly playing basketball this morning.  I see his warm-up pants were left on the kitchen table.

I am reading... Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas.  It is very interesting and I'm hoping I can make time to finish reading it before I have to return it to the library.

I am hoping... to find a way to increase my food budget to include more organic and grassfed food items.  Wishing it were summer so I could harvest money from the money tree I planted.

I am looking forward to...my shower today.  So thankful for hot water that comes right to my house and out of a faucet.

I am learning... that just when I think I've got my children figured out, they throw me another curveball.  Good thing I didn't put away my catcher's mitt.

Around the house... many art projects, clean and folded laundry waiting to be put away and a quiet puppy.  I better go check on the quiet puppy!

I am pondering... life's greatest mystery.  When two socks go into the washer/dryer and only one comes out, where does the other one go?

A favorite quote for today..."God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises...leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself." ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

One of my favorite things... when the kids sleep in.

A few plans for the rest of the week: bowling, a meeting with a contractor, Awana, appointments with the eye doctor, work meeting and small group gathering.

A peek through the lens...
If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with one of your own, please visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for visiting! ~Kim

Comments

  1. Kim,
    I love the quote from Bonhoeffer. I'm reading the same book.
    Should I tell you that our azaleas have budded out? Yup, I think we had winter...it slipped in and out without even making a peep. Unfortunately, summer will come roaring in and stay for months just torturing us!
    Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great daybook! Love that your husband left his shorts on the table, haha. I wish I could offer you and answer to the great mystery of missing socks. Maybe someday we'll be enlightened. Praying for wisdom in the decision that you need to make.

    Blessings,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annesta, you should not tell me your azaleas have budded! :) We are expecting more snow in the next week and I would welcome some spring flowers right about now.
    Thank you Theresa for leaving a comment and most importantly, praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quotes by Bonhoffer. He is so inspirational,

    I have pondered life's greatest mystery as well for many years, but I still have no clue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim