Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY November 8, 2011

Outside my window...November rain has come to stay for a few days.  That's ok with me.  I do not want snow just yet.

I am thinking... of and praying for my children to get over their colds, my mother and father-in-law to make the right decisions and be able to find the perfect place to live and for me to be content and thankful in all circumstances.

I am thankful... that my husband was able to mow the lawn for perhaps the last time yesterday, even if he did finish in the dark.

From the learning rooms... our unit celebration is Friday!  We have 9 weeks under our belts and are working through week ten!  We will be dressing up on Friday and hoping to portray someone from the 1900-1920's.  Some of us are still undecided and we better get a move on!

In the kitchen... menu planning for the rest of the week to include food from the 1900-1920's for Friday.

I am wearing... my favorite hooded sweatshirt and pajama bottoms.  Perfect rainy day clothes if you ask me.

I am creating... a rough draft of things I'd like to accomplish this holiday season.

I am going... to write a letter to a compassion child and send it off this week.

I am wondering... why I have the desire to buy a farm, raise chickens, grow a large garden and live the simple life.  (Which, by the way, is NOT simple.)  This is so not me.

I am still reading... The Vegetable Gardener's Bible by Edward C. Smith, The Railway Children by E. Nesbit and the Uncommon Woman by Susie Larson and I've added The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell.

I am hoping... to have a productive evening while all the older kids are at Awana tonight.  Looking forward to finalizing our costumes for Friday and purchasing any necessary items.

I am looking forward to... de-boning turkeys as a community service project on Friday evening.

I am hearing... Dora the Explorer on tv as my four year old enjoys a little media time until I'm finished with this post.

Around the house... a tent in the living room, crayons and paper on the dining room table and miscellaneous evidence of children having fun.

I am pondering... what a person of good character looks like and how to persevere during the journey.

One of my favorite things... the smell of new books!

A few plans for the rest of the week: there is always a trip to the library, Awana tonight, finalize unit celebration plans, grocery shopping on Wednesday, get it all done Thursday, doctor appointment and have fun Friday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Mister M is by far the messiest eater we've had the pleasure of raising.  This is a typical dinner face!  Makes me smile. :D

If you would like to participate with your own daybook or simply read other entries please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Thanks for stopping by. ~Kim

Comments

  1. You are quite a reader! I'd be interested in knowing the typical dinner menu back in the 1900's. Sounds like a great time in history to study.

    I really enjoyed your daybook. Have a blessed rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! One of my most favorite things is the smell of new books, too. =) Hope your family feels better soon. Being sick is no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim