Simple Woman's Daybook

For today August 31, 2010

Outside my window.... it's hot and humid with overcast skies and a storm rolling in.

I am thankful for..... God's comfort in times of need.

I am wearing..... a banana republic t-shirt and shorts.

I am hearing..... the sound of the air-conditioner keeping the house cool and the wind whipping outside.

I am going..... to start organizing the baby clothes the neighbor gave to us.

I am reading..... Not much right now, but I think I'll borrow The Secret Life of Bees from the library.

I am thinking..... that almost every time we've gone to the library this summer it's been raining.  Looks like today will be no different.

I am hoping..... to be able to efficiently accomplish all the tasks on the 'to do' list today.

I am creating..... lesson plans for our schoolwork, hoping to get at least a month on paper, hopefully two.

On my mind...... the impending arrival of our fourth child, the work on my desk and my husbands appointment tonight.

Noticing that..... I feel much more restful when the house is tidy.

Praying for..... our family as we say goodbye to our faithful companion of 13 years today.

From the kitchen..... it's pizza tuesday!

Around the house..... the same old, same old.  I am in the mood for change and will be purchasing a can of paint in the near future as well as shopping for a new rug and curtains for the dining room.

One of my favorite things.... seeing my children accomplish a task they thought was too hard.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... we've purposely left the calendar free from obligations so that we can ease into a new school year and enjoy the end of summer this week.

A picture thought .....
Thanks for your unconditional love Zeke, we'll miss you!

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments