Simple Woman's Daybook

For today July 7, 2010

Outside my window.... it's slightly overcast and going to be in the high 80's and muggy.  Ew!

I am thankful for..... my children.

I am wearing..... green shorts and a black v-neck t-shirt.

I am hearing..... my daughter wash her hands while singing some sort of song.

I am going..... to spend some time on my studies this morning after I'm finished up here.

I am reading..... not a thing right now.  Pretty soon I'll be crazy with need for a good book.  I'd better see what I can find at the library.

I am thinking..... of all my friends and family who's lives are intertwined with orphans.

I am hoping..... that the maple tree we transplanted doesn't give up because of all the heat.

I am creating..... not a thing at the moment.  I am looking for just the right salvage piece to become a trellis near the garage and thought I might be able to put three items that are similar together, to create a larger piece.

On my mind...... beekeeping.  Our friends are starting to keep bees and it's something that I would like to do as well.  I haven't started because of our suburban city location.  Not sure my yard is big enough for kids and bees.

From the learning rooms..... I'm hoping to find some good material which will help me teach/parent my children about conquering our fears.  My oldest struggles with being gripped by fear in many areas.  Last night he was very upset and fearful of dying because he swallowed some toothpaste.

Noticing that..... our little sunflower is lookin' good.  (that's going to be another post.)

Praying for..... my heart to be open to certain people who have hurt me.  My tendency is to harden my heart and protect myself.

From the kitchen..... tacos for dinner after we grocery shop and take advantage of double coupon day at the local store.

Around the house..... the smell of freshly brewed coffee.

One of my favorite things.... being able to re-purpose items.  Such as an old door which becomes a desk or an old stair railing which became a headboard.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... it is turning out to be a pretty quiet week without many plans.  We'll see how long it stays that way.

A picture thought....

enjoying the rain!

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments