Simple Woman's Daybook

For today June 1, 2010


Outside my window.... a beautiful sun-filled morning.

I am thinking..... of an enjoyable mini-vacation and wishing we didn't have to go back to work.

I am thankful for..... hot showers and a comfortable bed to lay my head at night.

I am wearing..... a black tank top and gray shorts.

I am hearing..... the washing machine do the dirty work for me.

I am going..... to look for a few summer clothing options to accomodate my growing belly.

I am reading..... through all the magazines that have piled up in the past few months and just finished Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.

I am hoping..... my three year old daughter will be victorious in her potty training soon.  This has been a long and winding road for us.  The most challenging of the three children, hands down!

I am creating..... ha, I wish I were creating something.  I've been too overwhelmed with life lately to think about being creative.

On my mind...... the week ahead.

From the learning rooms..... doing the summer vacation dance.  :)

Noticing that..... my landscape needs a bit of sprucing up.

Praying for..... my friends sister and niece as they are encountering some pretty challenging trials right now.

From the kitchen..... scalloped potatoes and ham.

Around the house..... folded laundry that needs to be put away, suitcases that need unloading and a few small treasures we acquired over the weekend.

One of my favorite things.... watching all the baby birds follow their parents around in the yard this spring.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... pay the rest of our property taxes today, run a few errands, enjoy the nice weather, softball on Thursday and small group on Friday.

A picture thought I'm sharing.....
The spiderman of our family.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. Kim,
    What a lovely day book you have. I am blessed by having stopped by to read what you have written.
    Please be encouraged in the potty training business...my daughters are 23 and 26 and neither one is in diapers!! LOL! Seriously, she will get it soon.
    I am saying a prayer for you right now as I so remember those days.
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my site. Mom is doing much better. We are home now and she is happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim