Simple Woman's Daybook

For today April 27, 2010

Outside my window.... gorgeous sunshine after a weekend of rain.

I am thinking..... of the cake my daughter wants for her third birthday tomorrow.

I am thankful for..... steadfast faith.

I am wearing..... comfy pants and my husbands old UMASS sweatshirt.

I am hearing..... the fan of this old laptop as it tries to keep up with me.

I am going..... shopping for my daughters birthday present today.

I am finished reading..... The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  Good book.  I find it interesting that I read this on the heels of What Difference Do It Make by Denver Moore and Ron Hall. 

I am hoping..... to see an answer to prayer for friends someday soon.

I am creating..... a rough itinerary for our summer vacation.

On my mind...... the song, Until The Whole World Hears by Casting Crowns

From the learning rooms..... an odd combination of yay's and ugh's as we are finishing up some books (Yay!) and finding it hard to stay the course (ugh) when we are wanting to be finished with school for the summer.

Noticing that..... my wrist is feeling much better after injury sustained from gardening.

Pondering these words.... "God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward

Praying for..... my sister and her daughter.

From the kitchen..... roast chicken.

Around the house..... sleeping children, a snoring dog and little odds and ends of a life at home.

One of my favorite things.... spring blossoms on the crabapple trees.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... hmm... softball practice and small group gathering.  The week is open for spontaneous activities.

A picture thought I'm sharing.....
In the children's garden during our trip to the botanical gardens.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. Love the picture! My mom would LOVE that frog! Have a lovely birthday celebration this week! Hope you are feeling alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your Daybook. Melanie from Out of the Miry Clay stopped by my blog and shared your exciting news about your new addition! Congrats on number 4! I'm 15 weeks along with number 1, and just announced it on my blog. Hope you're feeling well and enjoying pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim