Whispered Word


Some of you may remember seeing my whispered word in previous posts.  Well, it's high time I share what in the world that is.

Last year in January, I got the idea (I can't remember where) to have a word for the year.  I asked God to give me a special word that I could meditate on.  I asked Him to share with me the things that are important to him about this word for me.  I prayed and seemed to have a few words that would be worthy enough to be The word for the year.  After praying about it and throwing out a few words to my good friends, who also happen to be part of my wise council :D, we came to the conclusion that peace would be my word of the year.

About halfway through the year, I heard about another friend who was participating in a word of the month.  Hmmm?  I wasn't sure I would be able to discern a word from God every month.  I mean, every month?  So I tested the waters and began to pray for a special word in which God wanted me to rest upon each month.  Guess what?  God was gracious enough to whisper a fresh sweet word to me every single month.

Wouldn't you just know that God has once again encouraged me to continue with a word for me from Him.  The very same friend that I had overheard discussing this monthly word idea, gifted me with one of the little booklets pictured above.  A cute little reminder that sits with my bible and reminds me each and every day that God cares about me and shows me just how much He is in the details.

As part of my daily devotionals I seek God and ask him to show me scripture to memorize that pertains to my word from Him.  This months word for me is release.  I kinda argued with God about that one, but he was very specific and gave me Psalm 25:15 to go with it.  "My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare."  I wondered what my snare was... and God showed me Proverbs 16:9, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."  Ah yes.  Very specific to my situation.  You see, as of tomorrow my husband will once again be unemployed.  This is a re-occurring theme in our lives for the past year or so.  And in my heart, I know what I want to see happen.  But I must remember to release the reigns and let the Lord determine my steps.

Would you join me?  Ask Him to give you a word of your own to rest upon.  I'm very excited to share this experience and see God working in the lives of the women I love.

Comments

  1. This is such a neat idea, Kim! Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim