Simple Woman's Daybook

For today October 5, 2009


Outside my window.... blue sky, a light breeze and a chill in the air.

I am thinking..... of the backyard and where I'll put my new garden next year (if we're still in this house).

I am thankful for..... God's strength in times of need.

I am wearing..... my Redken "Inspire Change" t-shirt, gray fleece pullover and my stiped pajama bottoms (looks like those pants are turning into a Monday morning routine).

I am hearing..... my husband pouring coffee and the dog yawning every now and then.

I am going..... to sit on the patio wrapped in a blanket and read my book before the children wake up.

I am continuing to read..... The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian and the Power of a Positive Woman by Karol Ladd.

I am hoping..... to climb to the top of this mountainous trial my life has been lately so that I might rappel down the other side and rest in green pastures for awhile.

I am creating..... another budget for our household finances; need to re-arrange to provide for more giving.

On my mind..... a few friends I need to call and email.
From the learning rooms..... continuing through our study on Russia, what Jesus endured for us, and the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic.

Noticing that..... when you need to bake every ten days, those days fly by.

Pondering these words.... "Faith is inseparable from expectations.  Where there is real faith, there is always expectation." ~Catherine Booth, (from The Power of a Positive Woman)

From the kitchen..... do I really have to supply food for the family today?  I'm rather tired of that job.

Around the house..... sun shining in the windows making the itty bitty handprints very noticeable on those windows.
One of my favorite things.... birdwatching.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... keeping it low key; we had a busy week last week.  We'll attend the usual weekly events but for the most part, take it easy.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

If you would like to join in, please visit Peggy, who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook, and also check out other daybook entries.

Comments

  1. Your title caught my eye- I love the beach pictures of your children! We just took ours to the beach for the first time in Sept. and they loved it!

    I love you comment about needing to eat, honesty is good- I too get tired of cooking somedays:)

    The chocolate face picture is precious! Thanks for posting your daybook, I enjoyed it this morning!

    Blessings,
    Gayly
    quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim