Part 1: The Camping Experience

The boys are getting ready to go on their first camping trip. This weekend they are heading to a state park for the father/child camping trip organized by our church. Yesterday we borrowed a tent from a friend and set it up in the backyard.
When the subject of going camping was brought up the first time, both emphatically did not want to go. Now, after setting up the tent, the response is, "When are we going?" and "I want to go now!"
I love to see them excited for something, especially a weekend away with dad. Stay tuned next week for part 2 of the camping experience. I'm guessing there will be stories to share that are fit to be told around the next campfire.

Comments

  1. Sounds fun! I keep telling my husband a nice father and son camping trip would be a fun bonding experience...and the idea of a lovely girls night might be some of my motivation! I know the boys will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim