simple woman's daybook


FOR TODAY May 18,2009


Outside my window... the fresh spring leaves are a bit bigger, the prairie fire crabapple is almost blooming and the sun is shining.

I am thinking... that I am feeling fearful and restless about this weeks events.

I am thankful for... hugs from my children, my family, my husband and the blessing to be able to stay at home with my children.

From the learning rooms... Reading Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, then our summer readings will include The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. Only a few lessons left until the summer break. :D

From the kitchen...my daughter is eating her breakfast and I have not yet thought of anything for dinner. We had a lot of hamburgers and hot dogs this weekend, so I'm hoping to include lots of fruits and veggies for dinner tonight.

I am wearing...blue athletic pants and college sweatshirt.

I am praying... for God's peace to fill my mother-in-law as she prepares for heart surgery tomorrow, for peace in God's provision and faith in his love for me.

I am going... to spend less time on the computer in the coming days and weeks and spend more time enjoying my children.

I am reading...I just finished Twelve Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur and do not know what I'll pick up next.

I am hoping... that my additional blood test on Wednesday will reveal a healthy physical body with no abnormalities.

I am hearing... the television, as my youngest two have a little down time before we get into lessons for the day.

Around the house... a load of laundry is washing, vacuuming is on the "to do" list and I want to organize all the clothes my children grew out of over the winter season.

One of my favorite things... is being with good friends at impromptu get-togethers.

A few plans for the rest of the week: trips to the hospital to visit my mother-in-law, blood test on Wednesday, register children for summer swim lessons, vacuum out the family vehicle and pack for a trip up north for the Memorial Day holiday.

Here are a few picture thoughts I am sharing from our weekend at the environmental center...

Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to participate and/or view other daybooks. Thanks for visiting with me!

Comments

  1. Just visiting from the Daybook linky. It sounds like you've got a difficult week coming up, so I hope and pray all goes well for you this week. I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when I was little - hope your children are enjoying it too.

    Best wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a good week and get good results on your blood test.

    That last picture with the winding trail is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim